Thursday, April 8, 2010

Two Recent Spottings of Whimsy :)

1) Balloons still floating, covered in snow. They looked like enormous cake decorations or childhood messengers from another land. Red, blue, green, yellow---all topped cheerfully with snow. They leaned to one side beneath their load yet kept floating (a good example to us in times of trial?). It made me smile to see them :)

2) A couch--on wheels! Late the other night I saw three people with a blanket sitting on a couch. That's not so odd, right? But they were driving it down the road! The couch was mounted on an electric wheel chair or some sort of scooter and they were moving along down the road's edge. I'm pretty sure one of the guys was wearing sunglasses at night, too, just to complete the picture (80's music, anyone?). As I walked they cheerfully chatted and moved along to who knows where. How fun! If I see them again I'll have to ask for a ride :)

1 comment:

  1. crazy moving couch! I've also seen it coasting along University Ave. =)

    ReplyDelete