Monday, September 13, 2010

Any old (...or current!) Pokemon lovers out there?

I decided that even though they are fun for ME other people might wish my blog posts were a little shorter :) So here goes a try--a tiny flashback memory!

I was living in Japan when Pokemon were big (so that means it was A REALLY BIG DEAL). My brother Johnny, sister (Cecily), and I all started big collections of cards and little toys and got the gameboy games, etc, etc, etc. I remember trading cards in the park by our house haha. Cecily and I always loved the cute Pokemon--who cares about fireballs when you can have big, googly eyes? Johnny and most of the boys wanted the most intense/strongest. This made trading cards between boys and girls pretty easy. So maybe Pokemon was a good system for encouraging cooperation and interaction between the genders? Ok! Enough of my random thought! Time for sleep!

But first, which was your favorite Pokemon?

I definitely liked Eevee, Caterpie, Jigglypuff, Snorlax, and others!

PS - Today was Sunday and I had a great day at Church and at a broadcasted talk by one of the Apostles, Elder Scott. I also am now officially the Sunday School teacher and am so excited! I love to teach and I love the scriptures so it is a perfect combo. I really pray I can do a good job!! :) Sweet dreams or happy day to you all!

PPS- here's the copyright disclaimer about the picture above (copied from Wikipedia):

Fair use rationale

Non-free media use rationale for Jigglypuff
Description A PNG image of Jigglypuff, arguably one of the most recognizable Pokémon.
Source Promotional press kit material for the Pokemon series. Artwork is by Ken Sugimori for the video games and players guides.
Article Jigglypuff
Portion used Yes
Low resolution? Low
Purpose of use Pokémon themed media offer various depictions of Jigglypuff, including those in the video games, the anime, trading cards, manga series, artwork, merchandise and several others. This image is used to illustrate the subject in a very casual and recognisable way, showing Jigglypuff in simple bright colors, standing in a normal posture, all parts clearly visible. It is used at the top of the article to give a general representation of the subject discussed.
Replaceable? No free or public domain images have been located for this character.

2 comments:

  1. my overall favorite pokemon is pikachu. i know..typical, boring, but i always thought pikachu had character! like if he were real, we could've hung out haha. btw you and your siblings had the most organized collection of pokemon cards ever!

    jujmo.blogspot.com

    best regards!
    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Jiggly puff. Sounds like a delicious cartoon. I never got into Poke Mon, but I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon when it makes a comeback. (Please don't tell me it's making a comeback).

    ReplyDelete